25 February 2008

Halo PC v1.07 - Tips - Part 1 - Lag shots / Shooting



advertisement

I always see newbies on Halo saying "I shot you in the head, how come you didn't die?" and "WHAT THE HELL? I sticked the nade on you and it just fell down, wtf?".

In Halo PC, you must beat lag, it's not like counter-strike where you aim at the enemy, shoot and kill him.
In Halo PC, you have to shoot where the person is going to go, for example, a person is going to the left side, I have to shoot left of him to get the shot on him.
I can't just aim at his head and expect a hs, I have to beat lag so I aim to the side of his direction and shoot.

Practice this in the average latency which you play on.
Don't go into high latency servers or messed up servers which have lag bumps, it'll be extremely irritating to find out that your shot wasn't registered.
You may also consider playing in an average latency server like me, I don't go on servers that have 60 latency and then suddenly go to another server which has a latency of 130.
I would suck in the server that had the 130 latency.
Why you ask? Because if I was playing on a server that had 60 latency for an hour, and then I suddenly went to a server that had a latency of 160, my aim would be horrible, I would get confused between where to shoot.

Different latencys affect on where you shoot, if I was on a server with a low latency, I would shoot not to far from the head, if I was on a high latency server, I would have to practice in order to figure out which is the best place to shoot.

Practice your shooting on a server with an average latency of <80 and when you mastered it, go to a high latency server.
This will make you get used to the latencys and make you an overall better player.

That's all for part 1.

Any comments are welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Gaming Chronicle. Copyright 2007-2009. All Rights Reserved